my reason for the hobby

fishbait

I found Nemo
this my friends, is THE thing that got me into the saltwater hobby. I simply love the relationship between a clown and anemone. my first fish were two percula's. then a few months later a BTA. but, my lighting was insuffient and the anemone moved constantly and found his way into a powerhead after about a month. not to mention I couldn't tie those stupid clowns in the anemone. I was very dissapointed and heartbroke that I couldn't get it to work out. then about a month ago I traded the two perc's in at my lfs for a gold stripe maroon (which is by far my favorite clown) and the best deal I have ever made. I went coral shoping yesterday, and the first thing I saw was this beautiful BTA for 22 bucks! so I snatched him up in hopes that my new clown would host it. after getting the nem in the tank last night the clown immediatly swam to it, he acted like a dog on the scent of a stray cat, but couldn't figure out what to do at first. after about two minutes he turned a 180 and done a nosedive, right into the mouth of the anemone and sat dead still! after a few seconds of me thinking the bta was eating the clown he sprang out and started to wollow in the nem like a pup does in the grass right after you have given him a bath. It was the most comical thing I have EVER witnessed in my tank. needless to say I didn't move from my tank for three hours last night. just sat there in amazement of my simple little clown and his anemone. here are a few pics of them that I wanted to share.

0067.JPG

0078.JPG

0068.JPG

That's awesome, i just picked up a white bubble tip like yours on monday, and so far the BTA is in the back of the tank, seems like its hiding. What do you feed it?

great pics. I love to symbiotic relationship as well. That is why I have two ocellaris clowns and a green BTA. I love to watch them brush the nem and feed it. it is so cool to watch them grab hunks of food and drop it into the mouth of the nem. glad you are happy with your purchases

-Doc

That's awesome, i just picked up a white bubble tip like yours on monday, and so far the BTA is in the back of the tank, seems like its hiding. What do you feed it?

mine is actually bright green. my poor photography skills makes the tank seem really blue, and the bright colors to be washed out. I haven't target fed him anything yet, the clown has fed him some mysis when I feed the fish.

Besides Anemones, whats the next best soft-coral, mushroom, etc. that a clown would host?

My tank is not yet ready for anemones but i will start getting my first soft corals soon. Is there anything in particular that i could get which a clown would host but wouldn't pose a threat to the coral itself?

If they do host, they seem to prefer corals with longer polyps. they will host anything they feel like tho. Goniapora, frogspawn, hammers, toadstools, green and yellow star polyps. Basically, fill your tank with what you want and the clowns may find something they like.

-Doc

must be some of that sci-fi stuff gone to your head...like an alternate universe where big is small and small is big....

-Doc

As a fellow trekkie, i will confirm that Freak is indeed well endowed. its a requirement to join the trek community. Its because in case of some space battle, if one head fails and we cant think straight, the other head will take charge and give us the clear thinking we'll need in order to fight with honor!

As a fellow trekkie, i will confirm that Freak is indeed well endowed. its a requirement to join the trek community. Its because in case of some space battle, if one head fails and we cant think straight, the other head will take charge and give us the clear thinking we'll need in order to fight with honor!

HAHAHAHAHAHA. that cracked me up. great line

-Doc

Back