My Red Planet frag, growth, pic heavy

Little text before the pictures. I've somehow fallen in love with sps....go figure...well im going to get rid of my 46g eventually and get a 60 or 70g cube...sps dominated with ric's yuma's and high end zoa's.....long story short this frag will always be with me because its a coral ive always loved and wished i could keep. My red planet frag from the day i for it to last week. Apparently i didnt take any pictures of it last night in my pic whoreing frenzy. Ill update weekly hopefully all from the side shot.....i havent seen them together but from going through them it looks like its doing well...

This is the weird part.....my dkh according to my API test kit is at 5-6.....has been reading that way for at leats 2 months....weird because its def coloring up and growing.

Ive now started dosing with baking soda to get my dkh straight. Buying a mag test kit tomorrow....guess its time to get hard core if i really want the nice shit. Id like to personally thank Wade and ccapt. Both have helped me with any questions ive ever had.

As of tonight.....first dose....cal 420ppm...PH 8.0 dkh 5-6 mag. ?

Hopefully i can get everything straightened out. Im going to do another thread on some other sps ive been keeping and their growth with my new lights.:Cheers:

rp.jpg

rp2.jpg

rp3.jpg

rp4.jpg

rp5.jpg

rp6.jpg

rp7.jpg

rp8.jpg

rp9.jpg

rp10.jpg

rp11.jpg

Last week some time....

rp12.jpg

If anyone was wondering what i feed. I feed roti feast every night...turn off filtration for 10 min and spot feed. Was feeding the tank coral frenzy but i dont think sps can eat it to well.....if anyone with wants to chime in with what they keep their params at feel free. Ive had trouble with skeleton growth and blame it on alk and mag....all other params are perfect...

Dana, when you frag that coral, I want one. I LOVE red planet and I want it to be the center of my tank. Is it a tabling?

Haha.It hasnt started to table yet. But as you can see in the picture it should start reaching. Then again the mother in which i got this frag from was more of and "encruster". Could have just been their placement. You cant see all the "nods" on in theres another in the back of it. The other day my large zebra turbo knock this rock over it the red planet took a hit. The rock itself fell about 10in onto the glass and chipped the top of the red planet but its still looking good as u can see. I have another acro on there. Its a shades of fall acro which i got free and was very tiny. When i do eventually frag the red planet ill give you a heads up =)

THis is the shades of fall.....i think i have a old pic of this too, ill search

shades.jpg

You can kinda see it kitty corner here on the left....i bought the RP and he accidently broke the other and just gave it to me. Didnt think it would grow.

rp7.jpg

Red Planet is one of my all time favorites. Mine gets a deep red color, and as fuzzy as Hannah's ass!

Move your's down a bit Dana and you'll start seeing some more green come into it.

Red Planet is one of my all time favorites. Mine gets a deep red color, and as fuzzy as Hannah's ass!

Move your's down a bit Dana and you'll start seeing some more green come into it.

Ive been having this discussion on RC. Not all RP's are the same. Not all tanks are the same (husbandry,lighting,flow ect) I'm just letting it do its thing, i really dont wanna mess with it until i transfer the rocks to the 40g breeder.

Anyone think i saturated my photo? A few ppl on RC said it looks like it is. I checked and my saturation is set at 3, moving it to zero doesnt even make a difference. Stupid D bags....:grumble:

Back