My Refugium plan?

pinstripes

Reefing newb
Hey guys, im very new to refugium and after researching it. I decided to use my 10 glass tank as a fuge for my 50 gallon tank. Im not making it a sump because my skimmer is on top of my display tank. I have a few questions for those experienced aquarist. i have provided a pic of my plan. by the way Im not artist. i will be using an overflow in my main tank by the way. thank you

1. how long should my divider between fuge and pump area be?

2. how will the water from refugium area get into a pump area?

refugium.bmp

Looking at your pic it's a good start. You'll need an area and divider on the left side as a place for the water to come in. From there it will flow over the first divider and into your refugium area (you'll want to have as much of this as possible), and finally it will flow into your pump area and be returned back to the display tank.

thats the stuff. those three pieces will keep the bubbles from goin to your return section. some people also put a setup like that on the right side by the return also. its up to you.

that's the basic plan everyone uses. but remember with that setup you will not see evaporation take place in the main tank. you will notice it in the pump area of the sump. with a very small pump area the pump will suck air with a very small amount of evaporation.

Back