My Skimmer (Aqua Medic Turboflotor T1000)

Cottonwood

Lets move to Basketball..
Ok so in the title is what I believe to be the skimmer I have. It came with my tank (but it was not hooked up and going when I got it) All the skimmer says on it is Aqua Medic, but the pump it has says Aqua Medic 2500 which is the one that matches to this skimmer and it looks just like this picture. Will this work for my tank alright?

Edit...I think its this one, not the one in the title

http://www.aquacave.com/turboflotor-multi-sl-hang-on-protein-brskimmer-by-aquamedic-483.html

So I don't really know how to set this up to make it work. Is there an easy break down of how to set this up the simplest way? I have a couple extra 10 gallon tanks so I could use those if needed to make some sort of sump deal, but I am very new to all this so I would like to do it the simplest way and build up as I get the hang of things. I learn pretty quickly, I just feel useless because this is all so new and I'm confused :frustrat:

Last edited:
Aqua Medic is a really good brand and they have a good reputation. It's an HOB skimmer, so you can set it up hanging off the side of the tank, or in the sump (if you have one). Unfortunately, I don't use this skimmer myself so I can't help with your other questions. Sorry. :(

I'll find the instructions for it somewhere. Just wasn't sure if I should use it or ditch it. I don't really want it hanging there, but it might have to until I get an overflow and sump built. At least I know its good enough to use though. One thing less I'll have to buy!

Ok....so I need a new collection cup and the sleeve that attaches it to the body section..mine is cracked and leaking right at the sleeve. I have looked everywhere I can online and cant find anything. I emailed AquaMedic...but does anyone know where I might find parts for it?

Back