My Snail can Jump.

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
Has anybody else seen this? My son and I were checking out the tank yesterday and right in the front of the tank on the sand is a nassarius snail and a Mexican Turbo.

The mexican turbo is inching closer and closer to the nassarius. As he does, the nass starts jumping. He did it about 3 times. (the turbo is about 6 x the size of the nass).

When the turbo gets right next to him, the nass jumped onto the side of the turbo and rode on top of him for a couple minutes....

I didn't know snails could jump.

These were clearly jumps...The jumps were high enough that I watched him for awhile to make sure that a hermit crab hadn't taken over the shell.

wow. I haven't ever seen that, although I definitely have seen my snails piggy back off each other. once had a stack of turbos 4 deep. the poor guy actually hangin onto the glass was getting all stretched out.

It was wild! It was my oldest son, and he's really starting to fave fun helping me with the tank, I was at the back of the tank, and he was at the front. He said Dad this snail is jumping, so i walked around prepared to explain to him how a crab kicked a snail out of his shell.

Sure enough, he was right.... the damn thing was jumping.

Back