my sump design

softchxntaco

Reefing newb
due to limited space i have thought of a dual ten gallon sump and was wondering would it work

Attachments

• dual 10 gallon (20 gallon) sump.jpg
    dual 10 gallon (20 gallon) sump.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 7,436
Welcome to the site...if you have the space for two 10gal tanks under the stand, why don't you just use a 20gal long instead.

howdy and welcome to the site.. :D

it will work but I wouldnt drill both tanks if you dont have to.. if you can I would raise one tank higher drill it and run the tube over the top of the other.. I have a similar design as yours but I split the main coming down one line runs to the refugium the other line runs to the sump.. I like it that way so I can control the flow going into the refugium using a ball valve...then the refugium dumps into the sump..

thanks for the info and is there anything i should change with the placement of things such as the skimmer heater ect ect feel free im open to ideas

I would just put the heaters and skimmer in the large section of the sump then the pump in the last section..I dump my refugium right into the compartment where the skimmer and heaters are...

here is a couple quick pics.. I ran 1 1/2 pvc down from the tank when I got to where I was dumping it into the sump i branched it so 3/4 inch line runs down to the refugium, the one picture shows the ball valve right after I dropped it downto 3/4 inch,
The other pic shows the 1 1/2 line dumping into the sump and the overflow I used to transfer from the refugium to the sump..
120209_0001.jpg

sump.jpg

Back