My Tampa Bay Saltwater Package

Ok I will just number them from now on.

1) Pic looking up at the rocks a bit. Purple thing is against my overflow with the sponge in front. This gives a great look at some of the tunnel entrances. My favorite pic so far. Need a wide lense to shoot the whole tank from this angle.

2) Same area as pic 1 but you can surely see how far back it goes between the rocks. Some snails just hanging out.

3) Kind of a whole tank shot. That is my daughter in there. She loves looking in it and finding stuff. We sit forever doing it.

4) Closer but the same angle You can see lots of shells and snails and such.

5) This pic has my Blue and White Lights on.

Attachments

• Tank-Shot-2.jpg
    Tank-Shot-2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 349
  • Tank-Shot-3.jpg
    Tank-Shot-3.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 353
  • Tank-Shot-4.jpg
    Tank-Shot-4.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 353
  • Tank-Shot-5.jpg
    Tank-Shot-5.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 337
  • Tank-Shot-7-with-Blue-&-White.jpg
    Tank-Shot-7-with-Blue-&-White.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 573
2 More Pix and then the last 2 photos have been lightened up on purpose to try to show some of the tunnels a bit better. Just had them so I figured what the heck.

1) The circle on the left is the opening to a cave made by these 2 rocks. It is better in person. It is like a mouth. A lot of the rocks kind of fit together with even complex shapes. You can see they are not the same parts that were broken but the fit together so easily.

2) Just showing that coral again. I am going to get glue and glue it to a small rock tomorrow and push that in the sand. I haven't glued anything you see down. Wish they would just grow onto the place they sit.

3) Lightened to show the tunnels.

4) Lightened to show the tunnels. The circle is another shot of the opening I mentioned in the first pic.

Attachments

• Tank-Shot-8-Caves.jpg
    Tank-Shot-8-Caves.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 321
  • Tank-Shot-9-Falling-Coral.jpg
    Tank-Shot-9-Falling-Coral.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 326
  • Pic-Lightened-1.jpg
    Pic-Lightened-1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 311
  • Pic-Lightened-2.jpg
    Pic-Lightened-2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 420
I hope everyone liked all the pix and I will be making a better thread later when I get time.

I will also put the pix much larger on my own site.

Anyone wanting to see them larger when i post them just send me a PM and I will let you know.

Wow, lots of rock! Hear any clicking noises yet? :D
I love that purple sponge on top.
Where's all the critters? Hiding?
That's a Gorgonian circled in the second pic.

I haven't seen the two stars or most of the critters since they went in. I have random clicking but it many clicks in a row. I mean there is clicking but it could be a pistol but then again it may be a mantis.

I have not seen any but what can I do. I just heard a click right now and probably a few while typing now but how many things will it punch one time.

It is a heap of rocks for sure. If I notice everything missing I will have to try to trap it or them again. No luck last time.

You have yourself a Tiger Goby there my friend! they are SO cute! They are commonly found in reefs and are reef safe :) he probably won't get much bigger either :) we have a tank full of them at the aquarium, they are fun to watch :)

hahaha, awesome shot!

Here's one of mine in a cup after i found him in my overflow.
This is typically what the gulf ones look like.

954920536_N5Qk8-L.jpg

I got my rock from TBS also and if you look at my avatar you will see my Mantis. After he ate all of my clean up crew and started going after my fish, I just had to take him out. :grumble:

He is living at the LFS waiting; so far with no luck, to be adopted.

Be careful what you wish for! :shock:

On the sponges, I think maybe just the pretty,tall,orange or purple ones die the most. I have TB deco rock and it had some orange tree sponges that slowly got smaller then disappeared all together. But I have several white, purple, black flat or ball types that have bloomed and growing well, maybe too well.

Yeah my tall orange s doing awesome and so is the purple.thing. it has all.its filter things poking out right now.

On the sponges, I think maybe just the pretty,tall,orange or purple ones die the most. I have TB deco rock and it had some orange tree sponges that slowly got smaller then disappeared all together. But I have several white, purple, black flat or ball types that have bloomed and growing well, maybe too well.

Yeah my tall orange s doing awesome and so is the purple.thing. it has all.its filter things poking out right now.

I've had a different experience, my yellow ones didn't do so hot, but my red ones and the big orange tree sponge are doing great.

I've had a different experience, my yellow ones didn't do so hot, but my red ones and the big orange tree sponge are doing great.
I'm glad for your success. Now I'm jealous, seriously it must have something to do with a. water parameters b. useable food. It always does :D. No doubt good husbandry on your part and bad on mine.

I'm glad for your success. Now I'm jealous, seriously it must have something to do with a. water parameters b. useable food. It always does :D. No doubt good husbandry on your part and bad on mine.

I doubt it. Probably just luck, seeing as this was a brand new set up tank that doesn't have anything in it but rock and sand.

Back