My tank has ich

Mayra66

Reefing newb
Can anyone give me advise on good products to use to get rid of ich?any advise will be greatly appreciated thank you :bowdown:

There are only two treatments for ich that work -- copper and hyposalinity. It is usually helpful to try to figure out WHY your fish have ich. Most fish live with the parasite and never show symptoms. It's stress or bad water quality that tends to lower the fishs' immune systems enough that they are affected by the parasite.

Im unclear on how severe it is ive seen pictures on ich deseased fish and ive seen them with white spots all over the body my fish only has 2small white dots on the tail fin and 1very small white dot on the fin is this considerd ich????:dunno:

It could be. If left alone without finding why your fish's immune system is compromised, the few specks will multiply into many. It could also just be a couple grains of sand.

Other symptoms. Is the fish eating? Is it breathing heavily? Is it scrapping itself along the rocks?

Go through that thread that I linked to. It explains a lot.

I notice the spots on thursday the fish is eating regular i havent observed him scrathcing itself on anything just swiming normaly it just freak me out seeing the white grain like spots

Once ICH is in the tank you will always have it even if the visible signs have disappeared. The white spots are only one art of the parasites life cycle. This I know I am treating it now with Hyposalinity. bjohanson1234 gave good advice read the article with the link he supplied it has some of the best info on the subject.
Good Luck

Back