My Tank is Leaking

I'm finally finished!!!!!!!!:bowdown::Cheers::bounce: What a long day!!!!!!! it was faily simple... But extremely long.... At one point, my yellow tang turned white in the bucket.... As soon as I placed the tang back in the tank, he slowly started changing to yellow again.....I'm am just exausted at this point.... Shaking like a leaf..... but here is the result!! I think it was well worth it!!! I just hope I will not loose nothing.... I can just sit and wait.... but I've done everything I could...:sfish:

031.JPG

029.JPG

027.JPG

011.JPG

007.JPG

001.JPG

Looks great Sxy.
Just keep an eye on your ammonia and nitrates for a day or so.Wouldnt hurt to have some water mixed up just in case you start seeing a mini-cycle.

great job. I am impressed! i can wait to see more additions and pics. glad you were successful

-Doc

:DThank you :bounce: I love it!!!!
I took more pictures when I got home today with the lights on.... my yellow tang looks happier then ever. I'd hardly ever see it. Today, it's color is brighter then ever, it is swimming throughout the tank, going in and out the caves.... The tang looks like a happy camper! Even posing for pictures!! :D

036.JPG

Is that a sponge??? I never bought this... It just grew on my live rocks...
034.JPG

033.JPG

032.JPG

029_631652.JPG

025.JPG

015.JPG

003_332183.JPG

047.JPG

044.JPG

041.JPG

love the pics. happy tang I tell you. they love to swim all over. Now you have room to get a sohal tang!!!!

-Doc

Dr. Marco, What is a sohal tang? Would it be ok in my tank with the yellow tang? and my lawnmower blenny? You think I could handle to keep this "sohal tang" alive?
As for the goniopora, yes, it is huge. Since I transfered it in the new tank, it haven t opened up completely. It is over 12 inches round and it looks nice! I had no problems keeping this one looking good.... My bubble coral is the one giving me problems.... and my mushrooms..... The mushrooms lost all their color.... they used to be green with stripes... now, they turned brown:grumble:

As for the sponge, it was stock to 2 rocks. and I ripped it in 2 pieces(by accident) when I separated the rocks yesterday to switch tank.... It still looks alive....

What is a Sohal Tang? well my dear, let me introduce you to a magnificent tang...

PB300005-1.jpg

PB210021.jpg

The Sohal is my favorite tang and is also territorial, as are most tangs. He will rule your tank so buy him smaller than your yellow tang and he will get along just fine. they need a 125 or larger to swim (as they love to swim in the open water). they get about a foot long and will only play nice with other tangs if those tangs are placed in the tank first. It would be a marvelous last fish to put in your tank. I call them "signature fish" for your tank. great animals.

I have had mine for about 3 months now and he does great with his tankmates. He is housed with angelfish and a trigger.

-Doc

Dr Marco, this tang is an amazing looking tang!!

What about a clown triggerfish? Are those reef safe? I was looking at them on livequaria but it does not say..... I love those fish....Looke like they have lipstick on... with the polka dots!!! I'm assuming they are not reef compatible as all the ther triggerfish and not reef safe....

wow ...great pics sxy!!..you have become a pro on saltwater..new tank looks beautifull...you too dr marco..your fish looks awsome as usuall

The majority of triggerfish are not reef safe. Clown triggers are notorious for eating all inverts: corals, snails, crabs, shrimp, etc. You can get away with a blue jaw trigger or a pink-tail (like Biff and I have) to avoid eating corals, but there is still some risk.

-Doc

Back