My tank is still not ready....

ReefyCane

SuperNewbie
So anyways I was supposed to get my tank (and sump) on January 4th. Well the LFS got my sump ready and then somehow cracked it. They patched it and said it was water tight, but I really didn't want to take something like that I had already paid for with it not up to my expectations.

Soooo...here it January 14th and they still haven't gotten my tank ready. They said it would be ready last week, but still no tank. My patience with these guys is wearing thin. I really want to ask for some kind of store credit or something.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Reefy

If you paid for something brand new, you should receive something brand new.

If they broke it and fixed it, thats obviously not brand new and I would ask them to give you a new one or, you can tell them to give you a discount. LIke a free skimmer or something...What i would do is grind them for free stuff. :^:

I agree. I would NOT trust a patched crack. It will start to leak sooner or later. You paid for a new sump, they should order you a new, uncracked, unpatched one and give you some sort of compensation for the delay.

I'll 3rd em.
Dont trust anything that holds water after its been patched.Make them get you the new sump you paid for and throw in some free stuff to boot.

yup. go get 'em. it is your money and your time. make a stink with other people around and they are more likely to shut you up with free stuff rather than have you make a scene...

-Doc

Cracked plastic or cracked glass. If its plastic let them weld it and work them for freebies or a discount. Never take a tank or sump where glass was cracked, not even if they completely disassembled it and rebuilt it. Unless their business is building with glass from scratch, then I would accept a complete rebuild. Any way it goes time is money, and either they owe you or you owe them less! Unless you live in the middle of no where, that is the only LFS, and you do not use the web. If all three of those apply, I would cry, silently, then demand a new sump and hint for a discount.

Back