My tank looks funny

Doc

I don't work for anybody
During the move, my 125 was without water for about two hours. During that time, it appears as if the coralline on the back wall all died. It is this gross looking white-ish color and it makes the tank look...well, funny. The rocks all kept their coralline and I am hoping it will spread again to the back, but I am not sure if I should undergo the arduous task of scraping off all the dead, white stuff or leave it in the hopes it will all be OK. Any ideas?

-Dr Marco :sfish:

BTW, both angels made the move and are doing great. I will be adding a shark in the near future, in preparation for the touch tank I will be building. I think I will also put in a sohal tang.

Doc when I moved the coralline on the back of my tank died also.Prolly from getting dried out during the move.I left it and within a couple of weeks it just flaked off and become part of the sand bed.

Glad things are going well.

That is EXACTLY what I am looking for, a foot long. I figure that way, it will be big enough the angels will leave it alone and still have room to not outgrow the tank in a year. I had one before in my 125 and I kept him until he got just a titch over 2 feet. They are marvellous creatures and I really want one again, now the I have 2 tanks in my house.

Here is a pic of the back of the tank since the coralline died. Looks bad, huh?

- Dr Marco :sfish:

PA260001.jpg

I think it looks worse with the lights on, if you can believe that!!!

WHAAT??? all that beautifull coraline is dead???..nooo..nooo..i cant even make it grow an inch..good to hear that you fish is doing ok doc..but to be honest, that coraline was awesome..that was bad news..

yeah Rigo, I was disappointed too. On a positive note, since my 125 looks so freaking ugly, it gives me an excuse to start another build thread. I think I will start it today.

- Dr Marco :sfish:

Very curious, Doc - especially since, without the upset you've gone through (emptying the tank, etc., and exposing the coraline to air, etc), the coraline on the back wall of my tank has suddenly taken a dive - looks similar to yours. All the rest of the coraline in the tank is thriving though - and there WERE a couple of large astria snails grazing there earlier this week... anybody think they ate it?

It's another Biffy curse. First I gave you all cyano, now I've killed all your coralline. Because, you know, if I kill off all your coralline first, it makes it that much easier for Phase III to take hold: green hair algae.

It's another Biffy curse. First I gave you all cyano, now I've killed all your coralline. Because, you know, if I kill off all your coralline first, it makes it that much easier for Phase III to take hold: green hair algae.

You broke my tank too!
Maybe your more powerful than I anticipated.I better be nice to you for now on.

I had the same thing happen to my nano tank, when I moved it to work. I didn't scrape it off though. I just kind of ignored it and now about a month later it's starting to come back!!

mine all died when i moved too. when you take the water out of the tank it dries out and dies. i scraped all of mine off (PITA) and it is just now starting to make a comeback.

it is starting to flake off and I hope Biff's curse of hair algae does not take over the back of my tank before the coralline can grow back.

that sucks... same thing happened to my 36g. hopefully it will be back soon..... but i know how fast it grows so i will just not say anything instead of being the bearer of bad news :)

btw great comment biff. i got a good laugh there...... and tonight...... I REALLY NEEDED ONE

Back