My tanks run by a natural system have fully recovered now.

Discussion in 'Photography' started by pkc, Jul 16, 2013.

1. pkc

pkc

In January this year a cyclone hit and the subsequent weather event wiped out power to some areas earlier this year, our area lost power for nearly three days.
    I lost some inverts and around four fish, luckily none of my tubeworms died.
    My faith in our power suppliers is completely gone now and in Feb I bought my first generator and it has saved my reef life twice already, amazing that no matter what hit our area in the past, we never lost power for more then 4 hours.
    This is the top tank flourishing once again, which is mainly invert life with only five fish.
    [​IMG]

This is the one below the invert tank, that is mainly fish and just some corals and many other mobile inverts.
    [​IMG]

All my favourite fish and inverts that made it through so much time with out power are all fine and growing beautifully.

pkc, Jul 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. pkc

Smitty

Glad to hear that you didn't lose everything.

Smitty, Jul 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. pkc

chichimom79 reef junkie

Pretty tanks! I had to make use of a generator recently myself. Power outages are no fun in this hobby.

chichimom79, Jul 17, 2013
  4. pkc

pkc

It was so much work keeping water through the system, that’s what worried me the most, the affect on my bio system.

pkc, Jul 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question