My Triggers are Killers!!!

OhNoNemo

i love triggers
:shock:I just got this poor guy a couple hours ago.
Just released him and my triggers attacked, cornered,and killed in seconds.....there was nothing i could do...i had just my actinics on and it seemed like everyone was settling down for the night..I'm still alittle surprised at them...
4949308979_4b2fbf5663_b.jpg

Dude?:death: that really sucks, I guess your triggers already got their territory set up. "GANGWAR":grumble:

He looks shocked more like it! never saw it coming :(

so you have killer triggers and coral eating angel :P good one nemo ;) HAHA

sorry for the loss of such a beautiful fish

:lol: yeah ,i hear ya Josh
joker's got it right though.....they rule the tank now and any newcomers will pay....i already have a flame and they leave him and everyone else alone....he was free,and i'm just glad it wasn't a mystery wrasse that i have been wanting ....guess i'll hold off...i think the fact he was smaller than them too....,because they didn't even approach my tang when i put him in....little #@$%$## :grumble:

you could always try takign the triggers out for a few days, introduce the fish and then reintroduce the triggers?

could curb their agressiveness?

possibly,may have to wait till my crazy build is done or i get a new tank
i just didn't see this coming....people say they have been known to just snap one day and take out some fish...so ,i guess i have that to look forward to also

HHMMMMmmmm
Didnt figure in those predatory triggers.:sad: But HEY,Why shouldnt they get a fresh meal from time to time.
Sorry about the hawk though.

Its was nuts..it was like watching my old piranha attack his food...
I haven't told the guy i got it from yet:sfish:

What kind of trigger? I've got a Niger and was worried about the new sleeper goby we added this weekend but he's behaved himself...

Never had a niger...i have a humu and a clown.....they are both on trial for murder,the jury is still out....their plea is instinct ,i think they're gonna walk :lol:
I would be a little worried about your goby though

some triggers are more aggresive then others.. I had a Huma that was very docsile and a clown that just attacked everything that went into the tank... Alas triggers are just mean

From the defense: Did you actually see them attack him? Maybe he died as soon as you put him in, and they just ate him? Reasonable doubt, your honor! :D

Sucks though. It's gonna be hard to populate the tank with those piranhas in there.

We have a creditable eye witness..:shock:.saw the whole thing!!
Yeah,i think i'm done adding,at least anything smaller than them....When i added my purple they didn't even look twice..

My Draco (that would be the niger) is a very good boy. We had a watchman goby who had issues with the tangs (tomini & sailfin) but never with the trigger. We have a pair of maroon clowns and a single black oscillaris that he totally ignores. If anything went south in my tank, I'd honestly suspect the sailfin first. He's got some attitude.

Back