my volitan in its temporary tank

jimmybling31

Reefing newb
well I saw the most beautiful volitan lionfish at fish mania today. I was planning on setting up my 75 gallon as a reef, but It was gonna be a while before I set it up. well now I gave myself the reason to set it up in the next 4 months by buying the most beautiful volitan. It's small right now and happy in my 29 gallon and has already started eating.:bounce:

volitan001.jpg

volitan002.jpg
volitan003.jpg
volitan004.jpg
volitan005.jpg
volitan006.jpg
volitan007.jpg
volitan008.jpg

I love this thing. it ate a shrimp for dinner and he hasn't been in the tank long at all. i tried to feed him a shrimp and he didn't take at first then he ate it in two bites like it was nothing. I can't wait to have him in a big tank he can fully enjoy. gives me motivation.

Pretty fish. One of these days I'm turning my freshwater tank into saltwater. If and when all the fish in it decided to go to fish heaven.

dont get too comfortable with it, just ask yote how that sting feels

Haha. I won't. I researched them so much before I bought him. I was set on buying a volitan eventually and the danger of being stung just makes it more interesting to me. they are the coolest looking fish to me too.

That's one sweet lion, keep us updated on how its doing! I wish I could afford to set up a species-only tank for one of those.

That's one sweet lion, keep us updated on how its doing! I wish I could afford to set up a species-only tank for one of those.

it's not gonna be alone in there. I am getting a maroon clown in a couple weeks to go in there with it. i can't wait. they were tankmates in a 40 breeder for a while before I bought the volitan. they never fought or anything in there from what they told me. the maroon learned early on that it hurts to be stung. but it's still doing fine so I'm not too worried about its health. I can't wait to go get it. when it's in the 75 it will not be alone either. it will be with a few other fish.

i got stuck by a long spine urchin and that hurt i was cleaning my tank an hit the dang thing and about 1 1\2 inches of the spine was in my hand and the crappy part was the spine broke off and it took me a bit to get it out and just a little but after my hand swelled up and it hurt. i could not imagine whata lion would feel like

Back