my yellow tang is sicky-poo

toddyp

Reefing newb
my yellow tang has gotten real skinny and the membranes between the fins on his back find is disappearing and it has a red spot on either side of its belly--my lfs said it might be a parasite--they said to quaritine the fish and medicate with some kind of stuff but becasue they were so busy i figured i would go on here

thanks

i have had him for several weeks and he is very active and eats well---algae dsheets and some diff frozen foods---

Sounds like you should take the LFS advice and get it into QT. Start soaking its food in garlic and vitamin C. Then get some meds and start treating.

Its tuff to say what to use since you really do not know what is wrong.Sounds to me like he's not getting enough greens,try zucchini,spinach,brussel sprouts and nori..Mine loved all of it(and my pig trigger)
I would get him QT'ed and try feeding all sorts of varietys of green stuff.Throw in mysis and scallops 1 maybe 2 times a week.Tangs are mostly herbivores.
Good luck

I would soak your algea sheets in selcon and garlic and feed plenty of greens. Maybe some macro algea in the tank like some grape calerpa.

It doesn't matter, you can make up new water. Just make sure that you acclimate it, and don't put any of your LR, or anything else you plan to put back in your DT in the QT. The copper will soak into the LR and you will never be able to reuse it in your DT.

Back