my yellow tangs fin

Kwater

Chill
my yellow tangs fin has a little white dot on it. it is 3d and im not shoure what it is. dosent seem to affect him though. should i be worried

Yes. White spots are usually ich. Ich is a parasite that is brought out by stress. Stress in tangs is often caused by being in a tank that's too small for them. A 40 gallon tank is too small for a yellow tang.

The white spot may spread. There is no way to treat ich without taking the fish out and keeping him separate in a quarantine tank, which is also very stressful to the fish.

Can you post a picture of it so we can know for sure if it's ich?

hey umm yah we dont have the matirals to put it on the computer but my dad said he would be able to tell. sorry. but also we were verry carfull when picking out a tang we got a small one. maby three inches long. and he eats and his fins are down most of the time

40 gallons is a very small tank for a tang. You will need to get a bigger tank soon or find a new home for your fish. If it is stress from the tang not having enough room to swim, it will always have outbreaks of ick.

ohh that suks. i dont get why he seems happy. is there a fish that i could get that is a tang that would get along with a two clownfish, a little blue and yellow fish and a cleaner shrimp. also i got back from vacation and my diamont gobie is missing in action. no idea where he is, is he dead somewhere he wan a little guy

3 inches tang is too big for a 40 gal. you need to get a bigger tank. but the measurement all depends on eho you're asking. technically in this trade/hobby fish are measure from the tip of the mouth to the bas of the tail fins not the tip of the tail. so if your fish is 3 inceh from mouth to tail tips then I guess you have a few month before you need to upgrade or find your fish a new home.

yes he is three inches from the mouth to the tail. its weird he eats he swims he wmims up to the front glass where i am and he is curiouse. are those normal things or will a tang not do those if he is stressed :question:

The tang will still swim around, but if it's in a tank that's too small, it will get ich. The minimum size for a baby yellow tang is generally considered to be a 55 gallon tank. They will outgrow a 55 though, and for an adult yellow tang the minimum tank size required is considered to be a 75 gallon tank.

Your tank is just too small for that fish.

About your goby, if you have added all of those fish within 3 months of setting your tank up, it's likely that you went too quickly. If you rush adding animals, then the fish often die.

ohh i made shoure that i did not rush, also i got a rassie to eat the parasite because they sell like 8 of them in a 38 gallon tank and i have seen many of them in smaller tanks im just gona see how it goes because i have really started to like this 40 gallon tank

Back