Mysterious cloudy water?????

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
Ok, here's a goofy one. My water is crystal clear in the morning when I first turn on the light. As the day progresses, the water turns cloudy. I was thinking bacteria bloom? Is that right? What do you do about it?

Thanks,
Catherine

i would say either let it run its course and after it has had its build up it will disipate. or you could do a few small water changes. something is going on for the bacteria to explode like that. the only time i have seen a bloom like that is in a cycling tank. did you have anything die. if so their could be a bloom to make up more bacteria to use the nutrients ammonia and nitrite that are being produced. This is just a guess as to what is going on i have never had this problem in an established tank of my own.
check all you water prams.

Green tint or white tint?

I'm assuming white,foggy tint.If it's a bacteria bloom then check ammonia.Ammonia has to be pretty high to cause a bacteria bloom.If it is,you may have to do water changes.

Did something die?

This is most unlikely but foggy water can be cause from calcium precipitating.Have you added any additives-calcium,buffer?

Back