Mystery vs. Leopard wrasse pair

BL1

Alright everyone I've got a tough decision and I thought I'd see what everyone here thought. A little background real quick, around October last year I added a leopard wrasse to my 75 and she was awesome! Well about two months after that I found a beautiful mystery wrasse. I thought would be ok since the leopard was in first. Well four days later I found my poor leopard carpet surfing. Since that incident the mystery has also made a meal of 3 cleaner shrimp. He a such a beautiful fish and gets along with everyone else in the tank but, I love wrasses and would like more.

So here's what I'm thinking either getting the pair and trying to add them now (with a little rescaping of the rocks) ... Trading in the mystery and getting the two leopards (I'd get to add shrimp again which I love) ... Or just keeping the mystery

So what do you all think?

Well Brian,you know what i'm going to say...mystery all the way!
Or you could just send him packing to PA :wink:
I didn't realize they were that aggressive ,,he'd fit right in with my group....

Last edited:
Haha I knew your answer Matt. He's not aggressive at all I think it's just a same species thing. It's a lined wrasse just like a six line so they've got a similar temperament.

I've been told that it is possible to add them but, do I want to risk 2 beautiful fish and $50 to try it.

So, I went to my LFS to take some pics of a new shipment the owner got in, so I ended up with a great deal on these two guys.'

DSC_2470.jpg

I'm going to leave them in the acclimation box I've got them in as I've read that it can help when introducing them into the tank. When the time comes I'm also going to change up the rockwork a little to help.

Thanks guys! So far, so good. The mystery hasn't even noticed them in their little box.

Hannah, my LFS treats all their fish for ich, worms, and flukes when they get them in.

Here's a shot of the male checking out his new surroundings this morning

leopardsand.jpg

And their home for a week or two

leopardbox.jpg

Back