N00BiE here!

Really you wont find a better price for that light brand new. That is a great price. Aquatraders used to have a really bad rep for products and customer service, however, there has been many posts about their new lights and people say the service is much better now. I dont think I have heard anything bad in quit a while now. No I have ordered from them, but I bought my 192watt pc used off ebay for 30.00, however, if I do need a new one I'm going to give them a shot.

I think I'm just gonna go with the 24" T-5 HO and just lay it on top of my all glass top. That sounds like it would work, yeah?

I would get the 36'' fixture instead.The mounting legs can be moved in and out to adjust to your tank or you can hang the fixture.

Yeah Bobby but I think its better than a 24'' fixture that is to short.It would make a perfect light if he ever decides to upgrade to 29L,38,46bowfront or any 36'' long tank.I do thing the Odyssea 30'' PC's will work okay too.,but I don't care much for the bulbs.

True. You got a good point. I guess I didnt think of going up in tank size, and t-5's would be better than pc's.

Well I'm in the process of moving and I'm going to set up the 20L when I get close to that time. I think I am going to try the Aqua Traders 2x65 light... The only bad feeling I get is that is says "Free 65 watt CF bulb, 65 watt actinic bulb, and bluemoon LED" which means that if they break during shipping they are not likely going to replace them for free.

i have a 20 L and its a convenient and easy to care tank..the problem is that temperatures affects it very quickly...depending were you live, i had the problem when using its regular hood that temp somtimes rised to 90f, be carefull on what ligth are you gonna use , cause it could transfer to much heat to your aquarium, and thats not good to some corals..im using coralife t5 dyligth/ actinic 36 watts..i removed the hood, leaving only the ligths with its legs stand, as same as my 10g with the oddyseas t5..now temp is 80 f and theres better gas exchange..soon ill be adding some leather corals and shrooms...if you have air conditoner that wouldnt be a prob, or a chiller..

Rigo why don't you just wire a couple sets of fans to your hood? Its just (4) three inch holes you have to drill in each side of the hood.

Back