Name this coral!

Bifferwine

I am a girl
It's kinda pink and mostly green. Some kind of a leather????

IM000247.JPG

...Please ignore the beatifully manicured lawn in the background. My sea hare insists on having only the best.

The LFS said it was a cabbage (I bought it about 6 or 7 months ago, and it's been fine) but I've been curious because it doesn't look anything like any of the other cabbages I've seen...

Thats a nice looking green fur coral on the rocks. JK That was for the evil joke you wrote earlier. (In the nelson voice) HA HA

hey biif after 400pages I found 4 possible families, 1)Turbinaria, 2)mereulina, 3)Mycedium, or 4)Porites.

1)if Turbinaria it could be pagoda,turban, cup, scroll or vase
2)if Merulina it could be ruffled coral, lettuce coral,ridge or cabbage
3)if Mycedium it could elephant nose coral or peacock coral
4)if Porites it could be mustard hill coral,or plating jewel coral

Hope this helps a little, maybe you can research each individualy to pinpoint which one it is, if any of them. If I could see it in person I might could narrow it down a little more. Its hard to tell in a photo plus there is so many that share a lot of the same features.

Here's my secret: All you need to do is go out of town for the weekend and leave Neal (the husband) in charge of the tank! That's what happened to mine.

it looks like a cabbage dear and jerm that is really easy to grow all you need is phosphates, nutrients and plenty of light yep thats called algae.

JellyMan said:
it looks like a cabbage dear and jerm that is really easy to grow all you need is phosphates, nutrients and plenty of light yep thats called algae.

You idiot that was a joke.

Back