nano coral only display question

Satyr

Reefing newb
hi. im new to SW and have a question. im wanting a simple low maintenance nano tank (if there is such a thing). i dont care if it takes me 9 months to slowly acclimate stuff and do it right, for me that would be part of the fun, but i want to know if the idea i have in mind is do-able. i want a very small and simple coral display. so small actually that is might not be much bigger than a tea cup. ok well maybe a little bigger than a tea cup but seriously, i want a really small setup. so, is it possible to make a small, coral only display without fish or inverts ect.? i think i might be happy even with just one species of coral. and what kind of a equipment would i need?

What size tank are you going with? Soft corals(mushrooms,zoas,leathers,polyps) don't demand too much(decent light,nice flow)...you probably will not need a skimmer, as long as you do regular water changes.

Pico tanks are probably the hardest tank you can try to keep. But the upside is, if you fail, you aren't going to kill much! I say go for it. They are definitely awesome to see.

with those links you gave me iv got enough to read for a weekend! lol thanks! im hesitant though to start one but iv got enough information now to allow me to do it right. thanks to all of yall again :)

Back