Nano Cube Pumps

613ReefGuy

Reefing newb
Hey guys, so I just replaced my nite-vu leds, 3 of them werent working when I bought the nano cube. The tank looks amazing at night now.

My biggest issue right now would be my return pumps. At any given time one of them will throw out a lot of bubbles into the tank, and it makes things look absolutely terrible. For awhile I thought topping up the water was the simple fix, but this no longer seems to help. This evening I though maybe there was an issue with the tubes, so I took the pumps out and wrapped the seams with that green epoxy stick glue used for aquascaping. I was just trying to make an air tight seal, even though I didnt feel confident that this was the problem since it is not all the time that its happening.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be wrong? I would say that the chambers where the pumps go are at least 3/4 full leaving not much run off for the water from skimmer chamber to both sides.

Any tips would be great, since I would rather not have to buy new pumps. They do perform well at times. I just need to figure out how to get them flowing normally all the time. Thanks everyone

If you fill the chambers up higher it should stop the bubbles. I had the same problem till I filled them almost to the top.

Worried about water swings if I add that much to top it up. Do you have any run off from your media chamber section into the return pumps chambers? Or is it basically just a straight line of water? If I turn one of the pumps off the water level becomes high, but when both are plugged in, there is probably a run off of about 2-3"

when you add the water, just make sure it's the same salinity as your tank water. When both of my pumps are going, the run off is maybe 1/4" not a lot at all. If you turn one or both of the pumps off the water level will be higher because it's not being sent into the DT as quickly.

Back