Nasarius Snails Are Bullies!!!

KarenJax

Certified Master Stylist
Oh good grief. I never would have believed it had someone told me!!! My Nasarius snails are the biggest little bullies I have ever seen. They pop out of the sand, attack each other, wrestle, then go their own way. I added some of the small Nerite snails and uh, 1 N. Snail comes out of nowhere, attacks one of the tiny snails!! Then along comes another of his nefarious gang members who jumps into the fray. Then here come 2 more!! They destroyed that nerite :( I have now named the N. Snails-Los Coracoles because they are gang bangers!!!!

They're scavengers so, if that nerite snail was dead or dying the Nass. Snails probably smelled it and jumped on it.

I feed everything!!! The zoas get fed, the feather dusters get fed etc. Now I ended up with some free peppermint shrimps and I don't have aptasia so what can I give them? Also if the snails need extra snacks, what can I give them

Last edited:
I was wrong. It wasn't a Nerite. It was a dwarf cerith. I'm thinking I may need to supplement their diets

The shrimp and snails should eat any leftovers that corals or fish miss. They don't need anything special or different.
I don't have any fish. I have snails and more snails, zoas/palys, that cute new ric, peppermint shrimp, and a serpent star. Oh and that little shroom I keep forgetting about. I do dose the tank every morning with a squeeze of microvert for the dusters, strange bi valve thingies and the zoas/palys but I wouldn't think that would be enough for the snails?

They probably sensed that the other snail was dying. If it's dead, they'll eat it. If it's dying, they'll eat it.

I've never seen any of my nassarius snails bother anything that's alive and healthy, although they do like to wrestle every once in awhile.

They probably sensed that the other snail was dying. If it's dead, they'll eat it. If it's dying, they'll eat it.

I've never seen any of my nassarius snails bother anything that's alive and healthy, although they do like to wrestle every once in awhile.
Oh yes, the wrestling matches lol. They definitely do that. A LOT. Those are fun to watch

This reminds me I need more nassarius snails. I think I placed a rock on 2 of the 3 I got. I shall remember to check the sand before I move things around haha

Oh good grief. I never would have believed it had someone told me!!! My Nasarius snails are the biggest little bullies I have ever seen. They pop out of the sand, attack each other, wrestle, then go their own way. I added some of the small Nerite snails and uh, 1 N. Snail comes out of nowhere, attacks one of the tiny snails!! Then along comes another of his nefarious gang members who jumps into the fray. Then here come 2 more!! They destroyed that nerite :( I have now named the N. Snails-Los Coracoles because they are gang bangers!!!!

I call mine "Shadow Khan Ninja"because they pop out of the sand then attack then poof gone again in a clouds of sand

:squint:

Back