Nassarius attacking Turbo

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
I just picked up 6 Turbo snails and about 10 minutes into it I see a Nassarius attacking the one Turbo. Then in another minute another Nassarius comes over to help. I interfeared with them and put the Turbo in another area of the tank. Low and behold another Nassarius came over and started working on him. Now I know that snails will devour anything dying so do u think that Turbo was sick or weak? I took him and put him in my rubber made with an almost cured rock I just got to keep him safe. The Nassarius don't appear to be going after any of the other Turbos.

the thing is that the turbo seemed as active as the others, he was actually one of the larger ones, but those Nassarius jumped him like a pack of Hyenas. Can snails carry illness that can spread to other inhabitants?

I think it is still alive in my cycling rock tank thingy. Maybe it will get stronger and the Nassarius will forget it was half dead. On the other hand, if the Nassarius snails eat that turbo, it is an extra shell for one of my small blue legged hermits.

Back