Nassarius snail eggs???

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
Does anybody know how long it takes for these eggs to hatch? I woke up to find that my snail layed thousands of eggs all of the front and side glass. Debating on whether to mag-float them off or not. Im CUC is already low and wouldn't hurt to have some babies :mrgreen:

I never had nassarius eggs survive.I mag float them off the front glass and any on the back glass that hatch either gets sucked up into a pump or eaten.

Could you maybe scape them off and put them in your quarantine tank or regium, that is if you have either of the two

They will get eaten by other things in your tank. I had a snail lay a lot of eggs a few months ago, and the only baby snails that survived were from eggs that had been splashed up on the rim of the tank and were protected from animals. I lifted off my egg crate one day, and there were tons of tiny shells about the size of a pinhead and tons of living baby snails in the shells living on the rim of my tank, where there was just a tiny bit of water. Enough to support them I guess. I scraped them all into the tank, who knows if they survived.

Yeah a while ago(2 months ago)I took rocks out due to rearranging and one rock had hundreds of baby snails. Thought it was pretty cool. She lays eggs about once a week its just this time she went all out!

Back