Nassarius Snails

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
I can't stand these damn Nass. snails anymore!!! Everytime I go to feed my Duncan or Acan they come storming up from the depths of hell to steal said food directly from the mouths of my coral. Is it wrong that I didn't save one that had rolled over from the clutches of a scarlet hermit??? I don't believe so. I look at it as the snail had his last meal. I'm gonna get a piece of PVC from work tom. to surround my duncan. Or would they take advantage of that?

A cut off 2lt coke bottle would probably work better than PVC.That would probably be better at keeping the snails out.

I used to feed my goni using a 2 liter soda bottle. Just cut off the bottom, place it over the coral, and then squirt the food in the opening up top.

cut only as much off as you have too. The snails will climb up and over the bottle. The higher they have to climb, the less likely they are to end up in the bottle.

I tried to use a 2 liter bottle with just the bottom cut off. But, when I put it into the tank it kept floating up. What was I doing wrong?

Ok, so if I decide to bury it into the sand a little, once I put the food into the bottle I leave bottle in tank until I feel the coral is done eating. It's only to stay in water to direct feed the coral? Thanks. Yeah, Bifferwine's comment did sound funny, but to a newbie it was a good response.

Back