NatuReef CDE 4station controller w/system

MadooFam

Reefing newb
Hello ,
I just purchased a 125 gallon tank that has this system and need to see if i can get a manual for the CDE 4 station controller seeing that I did not get one with the tank and would like to know how to program it.My tank has been running four 5 months and have done 6 water changes so I know that it is either not working or not programmed. As I read the info on the cde system my tank should not have no nitrates and well its frustrating so I turn to you for help. If anyone has this system PLEASE HELP ..My next question is how do I progam it and how quickly will it de-nitrate my tank with a big fish load. www.natureef.com is the site that sells it.
Thank you and look forward to your reply.

i'm not sure how those things work, not many people use de-nitrifiers. suffecient amounts of live rock, a good skimmer, and regular water changes should be enough IMO. how high are your nitrates? do you have a fish only, or a reef tank? this will help determine where your nitrate levels should be. oh, and welcome to living reefs!

Dont know anything about those systems myself.But like Fish said.Enough live rock and regular water changes will take care of the nitrates.
And welcome to the site.

Glad to see you posting again Fish.

I'm not entirely surprised that you have nitrates, even if it is working. Denitrifiers seem to be one of those "aquarium myths" that people spend a lot of money on only to find that they don't do a thing. Snake oil.

I have never had one, so I have no first hand experience with one, so I'd have to recommend that you contact the manufacturer for help with it if you think it's not working.

New to this community but had to join to talk about the Natureef denitrifier after the comments above. They do work, and you need to buy a $20 bacteria culture to start the process and it will take a few weeks to get going. And yes you will have to tinker with it!!!

I’ve had mine going for a few years, no need for water changes from a Nitrate viewpoint, I do it once or twice a year for cleaning the substrate.

They do not use Methanol or sugar water like past denitrifiers did. It is a cyclical denitrifier, water from tank is pumped by the controller into the reaction chamber, Oxygen is quickly used up and Nitragone is dosed into chamber, the bacteria mentioned above starts to utilize the Nitragone and the Nitrate to form Nitrogen that bubbles out of the reaction chamber.

The bi-products of this process are basically some of the supplements you are putting in your tank….Trace Elements….Iodate becomes Iodine….

I couple this system with a refugium to take care of phosphates and really have no need to ever change my water…..ohh and best of all….here is the secret……..Corals love the stability of no water changes…..Ever think of having an Acro in with that pesky Butterfly fish or Angel…..or one of the many “Not Reef Safe” fish….heck the corals grow faster than the fish can eat them…

Anyway good luck, happy Reefing, Nitrate is your enemy!!!!

Back