NCPARS/That Fish Place Winter Frag Event

ccCapt

Reef Hacker
TFP-Fragswap_1-30-09.jpg

This is our 2nd Annual Winter Frag Event in partnership with That Fish Place. Last years event was a great success. TFP provided some great speakers, nice raffle prizes and had some fantastic in-store sales for the event. I'm sure this years event will be just as much fun. Hope to see some of you there.

Thanks for posting this Capt. I should be able to make this one and it's not too far away from where I live. Is this going to be a large event? I've never been to a frag swap before.

Is this going to be a large event?
I believe last years event was the 2nd highest draw of customers for any sale/event TFP ever had. So yes, I think it will be pretty big. There were 6 speakers last year and some very expensive items raffled off.

Your not that far from me. I live right outside Wilkes-Barre.

Yea again, the wife said we can go, but of course she wants to shop in Lancaster for an Amish blanket, any Amish Blanket stores out there Capt?

any Amish Blanket stores out there Capt?
I never looked for any, but I travel Rt 72 to get down there and Manheim is an old Amish town with all kinds of shoppes. Rt 72 is Main St in Manheim (watch out for the horse and buggies). I'm sure there are Amish shoppes in Lancaster, but I don't know where any are.

Hay Capt, I am bringing my family out to this swap, do they all need to pay admission, 2 adults, 2 kids.

Sorry I won't be able to attend. :)
Why not? It's not THAT far. ;)
Hay Capt, I am bringing my family out to this swap, do they all need to pay admission, 2 adults, 2 kids.
I'm not sure, but I will find out and let you know.
Is there gonna be a livingreefs booth set up so we can all unite?!
I will have a table reserved for the corals I'm bringing. I'll let you guys know exactly where I'll be.

You just pay the $10 admission fee and that's good enough for you and your family.

Here's a little teaser as far as what you can win on the raffles...........
Marineland will be donating a 70 Gallon Cube tank, 30x30x18, with a black Monterey stand, Marineland sump, NJ4500 pump, and Marineland MSPS300 Protein Skimmer as one of the grand prizes. ($2800 suggested retail value)

Here's a little update on some of the vendor donations that we will be raffling off.

Ecoxotic- Panorama LED Module with transformer (2ea)
Eshopps- Economy Cone Skimmer
Hydor- 2-way wavemaker and Koralia 3 controllable pump
Ice Cap- Led retrofit strip
OSI- 11lb osi marine pellets
Red Sea- C-Skim 1800 protein skimmer
Seachem- 100GPD pinnacle RO unit
Ushio- 250W Aqualite 10K halide bulbs (2)
Vortech (MP20 I believe)

That's some nice stuff being offered for raffle. I can't wait to get to the frag swap. Are people attending welcome to bring some coral frags as well to trade or is it just limited to people who pay to have a stand set up?

Yes, you can bring frags to sell/trade. It's the same admission price ($10 for non NCPARS members, $5 for members) whether you're selling/trading or just browsing/buying.

I only take the corals I listed and have had reserved on fragswapper. You can list what you have available on fragswapper or you can just bring what you have.

We're a little over a week away and this is looking like it's going to be 1 of the biggest, if not THE biggest event That Fish Place has ever had. Here's an update on some of the specials.

Sales will be available to all frag swap attendees and our Pet Rewards Customers in our retail store only. This is only a general list, there are far too many items to list.

Salt deals:
Coralife 150gallon bucket-buy 3 get one free
Oceanic 200gallon bucket-buy 3 get one free
Reef Crystals and Instant Ocean salts (all sizes) 10% off
Red Sea Coral Pro Salt 175gallon bucket- buy 3 get one free
Red Sea Salt 200gallon bucket- buy 3 get one free

Products on sale:
TFP: 30% off all coral frags in our fishroom.
Ecoxotic: Buy any Panorama fixture, Panorama module, or Stunner LED strip, and receive a FREE Stunner LED strip!
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals: 15-20% off of selected product
Central Aquatics: 10% -20% off selected products
Hydor: 10% off selected products
Mark Weiss Companies:15% off selected products
Mark Weiss Enterprises:10% off selected products
Ocean Star International (OSI):10% off selected products
Red Sea :10% off selected products
United Pet Group: 10 – 20% off selected products
Ushio: 10% off selected products
Seachem: 10-20% off selected products
Brightwell Aquatics: 10% off selected products

Here's a small video from last years TFP swap.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZVdyZDMTTI[/ame]

Last edited:
Back