Need a little reasurance

Marke86

Coral Junkie
I just bought my first coral a green star polyp I bought it because i knew that it was one of the hardiest coral but I did not realize how agressive it can be at least thats what I read. Well anyways

Was a green star polyp a dumb choice?

thank you

Not at all. If you keep it under control it can be pretty nice looking. Get it on a nice sized rock and put it on the sand bed so you can control it.

keep it separate from the rocks you don't want it to grow. some people glue them in their back walls and I think it is pretty neat.

Thank you guys very much how could I glue it to my back wall and all the polyp went into the coral how long does it take before they come out of hidding?

They do spread very quickly. But like others have said, if you isolate the rock that it's on, it won't spread where you don't want it. Well, it can, but it's pretty hard for it to do so.

It can take a couple days for a new coral to open up completely once you've moved it into your tank. Give it two to three days to get back to looking like itself. And we want to see pictures!

Since everybody else has already give you great advice on the GSP.
I'm just gonna say that its a great choice for a first coral.

It already started opening!! But I am noticing some of the poylps died like only 1 or 3 black ones is this normal? PH is good but I did buffer it before I put it in
and nitrite is good. so are some dead poylps normal?

A lot of times you'll see some die off from moving corals around. I wouldn't worry about it unless you start to see more and more die.

Back