Need a New Pump

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
I'm looking for a new pump the one I have kind of fell apart and I need to send it back. But before I do I need to buy a replacement. I really like the pump I have but I don't want the same thing to happen again in two years. Thank goodness it has a 3 year warrenty. So I'm up for some suggestions. I would like it to be energy efficent and very quiet.

ive been vary happy with my Lifegard Aquatics Quiet One Aquarium Pumps not to expensive runs great and vary quiet

What pump did you have an issue with? Are you looking for internal or external replacement. Also, what issue did you have with your current pump?

I've always used a submersible pump. I've tried several and most made way to much noise for me. The pump I have is a marineland 5500 which I just love until it broke. It ran so quiet that you didn't even know one was running. It's still under warrenty so they'll be sending me a replacement. So now I'm thinking of running it external. So how hard would it be to convert it? What plumbing would I need? I'm not sure how pumps work externally.

Back