Need a quiet air pump

Boontonbill

Reefing newb
I need a QUIET air pump. I will be running a bubble wall airstone in my 14 gallon tank. I might also use a small airstone. Any thoughts on what kind and how much ?

generally airstone's arn't used as a permanent solution in saltwater because they tend to clog quicker and when the bubbles burst it tends to cause a mess with the salt creep that it causes..

have you thought about just using a little korelia power head or something instead?

are air stones those tiny little stiprs of rubber hose that they sell n fish stores that have tons of little holes in them for air to come out? Wud it be bad if I had those in my tank?

No, the stones are small, like an inch or two and are hard like stone but porous. Very tiny bubbles.
The tubes are long and rubbery like you said and let out much larger bubbles.
I wouldn't use either one.

Like everyone has mentioned already.Bubblewands/airstones have no place in saltwater.all they do is cause salt creep and even the tiny microbubbles have the potential to damage fish gills.If you are looking to add oxygen to the system,add a powerhead that ripples the water surface.

Back