Need advice on fuge build...

Ctimpson

Reefing newb
Ok, so a quick run down on what I am working with... I have a 135 DT, and a 40 gallon AGA Show tank as my sump... I have a 1.5" drain and 2 1" returns... A magdrive 18 is my return pump and the sump is not drilled... I want to add a fuge to the system, so I was thinking about using the 40 AGA as the fuge and using a rubbermaid for the new sump... My question is, " How should I connect everything together without drilling?" I have lots of powerheads laying around, but I don't want to use two powerheads because of the matching flow problem... Anyone have any ideas...Thanks in advance...

It's gonna be hard to connect a rubbermaid tub and a separate fuge together, you are right to think that pumps will be difficult to do, one will probably overflow. Why not use the 40 gallon tank as a sump and fuge? It's big enough to do that. I used a 20 gallon tank as a sump/fuge combo for two years. Right now I'm using a 55 gallon tank as a sump/fuge on my 240. It will be easier if you have them both in one tank.

Honestly I would, but my skimmer takes up a lot of space and the magdrive does too... The rest of the sump is filled to the brim with like 50 lbs of LR...

Yeah that'd work, but you'd still have to figure out how you're going to connect the two. Reeffreak and Rcpilot are better about the equipment end of things than I am, they should be on soon and can hopefully help you out more.

Can you take a pic of the underside of your tank where the sump is now? I wanna see what room you have to work with... Might work with some fancy plumbing..

Dude, I have another 36" of free space underneath my stand...If I could find a good deal on a long tank I would use just 1 for the sump and fuge...

Dude I can't find anything that cheap... Ideally I would like to have a 48"x 15" x 18"... That would work nicely... The crappy thing is I have one in the house, but it is full of african cichlids...

I might be heading down there, gonna call em tommorrow and see what they got in stock, maybe make me a deal since i am driving 50 miles..

Cool, thanks for keeping me in the loop... By the way, I could pick them up at a place by me, they are also 49.00... Let me know, I could get them this week at a place in cerritos...
ATA Product 1

Back