Need car dealership advice

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by cthegame, May 14, 2014.

1. cthegame

cthegame

So about 2 months ago we buy a new nissan rogue and we negotiated with the dealership to include fog lights. They agreed and the deal was made (its in our contract that the car is supposed to include fog lights). The day we bought the car, they made us an appointment to come in the following week to get the fog lights installed. When we go for the installation, they tell us that they have to order the lights so they make us another appointment over a month an a half later (which was today). So today we go there to get them installed and they say the fog lights are on "national back-order".

First of all, wtf is a national back order? Is everyone and their mother in this country buying a nissan rogue with fog lights that its so hard to get the lights installed? lol idk

Does this seem normal to anyone or are they giving us the runaround? Why would they keep making us appointments and then just tell us to come back later? Also, since we have a contract with them, what legal options do we have to get them to install those damn lights already?

Thanks for any advice, needless to say, we are frustrated like all hell with this dealership.

cthegame, May 14, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. cthegame

Aquarian

I would call another dealer and start by seeing if you can order the lights, then if you can and they are not on a back order I would tell them your story and ask if they have heard of this treatment from your dealer before. If there trying to screw you than your not the first. Armed with this info go to the next appointment and if the pull any crap you inform them that you have gone out of your way to work with them and it is very clear they have no desire to satisfy their end of the contract, and you will be reporting this to the DMV, The BBB, and that you will be more than happy to provide a honest review of their dealership on every form of social media.

If that doesn't give them the appropriate wedgie I would sue them for breach of contract for the payoff amount on the note.

Aquarian, May 14, 2014
    kbuser92 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. cthegame

Northstar24 The Tang Herder

If I recall correctly, California has some pretty good consumer protection laws. You may need to look into those and see what recourse they offer. Aquarian's plan is pretty good though. I'd see if you can get them from another dealer, and if so, start threatening negative feedback in official channels as well as things like social media. I dont know if you're the type to have service done at a dealer, but you could also tell them you'll be taking the car elsewhere for service. A dealership makes far more on a car throughout its life in service costs than they do actually making the sale of the vehicle

Northstar24, May 15, 2014
    Aquarian likes this.
  4. cthegame

bjohanson1234 .........

bjohanson1234, May 15, 2014
    Aquarian likes this.
  5. cthegame

cthegame

Thanks guys. Aquarian, great advice, we will def do what you suggested.

The funny thing is that they keep calling us about an official review about our experience and they want us to give them a positive review and we keep telling the not until we get our lights installed...its like talking to a brick.

cthegame, May 15, 2014
  6. cthegame

motorcyclereefer I am Graffiti Petey

Ummmm guys. Game has posted again and no one said good to have you back. So I will say hi and dont just post once and leave again. And back to the thread....

motorcyclereefer, May 15, 2014
    Aquarian likes this.
  7. cthegame

cthegame

haha thanks motor. When are we getting the gangbang together? I mean when are we getting the band back together? Damn it, what i really mean, is when do we chat again with the gang?

cthegame, May 16, 2014
  8. cthegame

ErinCahir Sausage Wrangler

Whenever you're around, Alex!

ErinCahir, May 16, 2014
  9. cthegame

finestbeast

My brother had similiar issues with nissan...he contacted the main office of the state (in my case NY) and they rectified the problem real quick...no minor dealerships wants to lose their license...id do that next...

finestbeast, May 16, 2014
  10. cthegame

motorcyclereefer I am Graffiti Petey

Yes we do need to get the chat's going again.

motorcyclereefer, May 16, 2014
  11. cthegame

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Did I hear gangbang? :geek:

It's been a month....did you ever get this fixed? I like to give companies a chance to fix their issues, but if they screw it up again, I raise hell. Lowes screwed up my flooring order just a couple of weeks ago. But they rectified it rather quickly, even though it cost me a week delay in my project. Had they been as indifferent as Nissan seems to have been with you, I would've gone straight to corporate.

My thing is, even IF it was on national back order, why the **** did no one call you in the month and a half of waiting to tell you this information??

wontonflip, Jun 13, 2014
    Aquarian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question