Need CUC

Wes888

Reef enthusiast
As soon as my 125 is ready, I need to order lot of new CUC and I'm even considering getting some hermit. I understand the crabs are evil, but need to know which one is more safe to get.

Other than the regular snails and hermit, I may get a sea star as well. Any other suggestions?

Scarlett's and blue legs for the hermits.Bout the same either way with them.
Nass. and cerith snails,asteria snails,trochus snails.
And every reef tanks needs a couple of serpent and brittle stars.Just stay away from those big green brittles,theres a very good reason they've been nicknamed the green death.

most people think crabs are evil but you are evil if you put them in a tank fully knowing that they will eat your fish and they are mostly scanvengers

they won't eat your fish. They'll just kill your snails. Sometimes for their shell, and sometimes just for the fun of it.

It really depends on the type of Hermits you get. Obviously don't go for the big red hairy ones ( like in Kid's avatar) because those will eat your small fish and snails. Get the tiny 1/4 inch blue legged hermits. They are too small to do much damage at all and they do not grow that big and they won't eat your snails either unless it's dying of sick.

HEY! My crab may eat my small fish and snails but at least he doesn't....:12: what was the question?

Actually my crab has been rather peaceful in comparison to all the warnings I have received about him. Sure, he has killed his share of snails, but it's like driving a lifted Chevy 2500...you're gonna run over a child or two in the life of the truck, but every once in a while when you realize your towing a boat up a non-paved 30% grade, you can't help but smile :lol:

I will still say to this day, that crab is one of the coolest things in my tank, even as big as he is and as heavy as his shell is, that guy still climps my rock work and plumbing like a monkey, and he has yet to kill a single fish...up until recently he never touched my turbo snails, just all the other ones...unfortunately he has since learned that it's not the color of one's shell, but what's on the inside that makes them equally delicious :shock:

Back