need general opinions on 2 things

Zoot,

I love my torch coral. It has five heads and is the centerpiece of my tank (see pic).
The torch is very easy to take care of. I use medium light and medium flow.
I also spot feed once a month with Cyclop-eze (not necessary, but the corals seem to like it??).
My fish like to swim around and through the torch. At night, it shrivels back up and blooms when the lights come back on. IMO, very easy to take care of.....

I had a coral beauty in the tank with this coral for about 2 months (before an unfortunate accident). The coral beauty didn't bother the torch at all, but, it's hit or miss with any angel.

I would say give it a shot........ my opinion.

Good luck!

IMG_5435.jpg

i dont doubt that there are reef safe angels, but it seems like almost every fish i look at is reef safe "with caution"
not really sure what that is supposed to mean

i guess if she nips at the corals i have to smack her with a newspaper:D

also great looking tank messiah
i really like the torch coral because it give you the look of an anenome without the hassle

I have had both with no problems. The coral beauty was a great fish, He never bothered anything in my tank. Unfortunately I lost both to a moving anemone, but I wouldn't hesitate having the cohabitate.
I may be wrong and certainly don't want to put words in someones mouth, but I am pretty sure that DOC MARCO (where has he been anyway?) said that he has never had any problems with the coral beauty either.
Good Luck

Like was mentioned, it's hit or miss with pygmy angels. I had a coral beauty for many years that never bothered any coral.
The only species of angels that are truely reef safe are the genicanthus sp. They are plankton eaters. My lamark angel has no interest in any coral in my tank.

I agree with the above posts.
50/50 shot of the coral beauty having a taste for coral.
And neither torch corals or coral beautys are hard to keep.

Back