need help figuring this tank out

Jason420

Reefing newb
hi my name is jason and im looking for a little help on my acrylic tank i bought used without filtration system or lights just tank and stand i neel help figuring out what kind of filtration system this tank uses its acrylic tank with a seperate conpartment in the back thats what i need help with it looks like its a built in sump or something ive research the net for hopurs and never found anything similar to this tank any help will be very appreciated also i for got to mentioned it has like a L shape thing in the back attached to the back of the seperator with hole in the front of tank little holes perhaps a hose of some sort goes attached to it but i dont have much experience with this sort of stuff

ps. im planning to make it a reef tank when i get the filtration figured out thanks a million

Attachments

• IMAG0241.jpg
    IMAG0241.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMAG0242.jpg
    IMAG0242.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMAG0243.jpg
    IMAG0243.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 289
  • IMAG0233.jpg
    IMAG0233.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMAG0235.jpg
    IMAG0235.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 269
It looks like the tank has a center overflow to me, but I cant tell for certain from the photos. Does it have a holes on the bottom pane in that back compartment?

Looks similar to a sump in a nano cube, What you put in each chamber is up to you in mine 1st chamber a floss media to collect debris. The second a protein skimmer.Or live rock with chaeto or something. The thir i had my return pump and my heater. Here is my diagram for you hahaha. Hope it helps if not, well it was fun playing with windows paint again so no harm done.
horriblediagram.jpg

So i just looked at your pics closer i see the 1st divider is notched out near the bottom so it wont overflow the 1st one it will divert down through the notch. I believe the 2 dividers that are close togeather are just to reduce air bubbles as it travels along. Im most likely wrong and hopefully someone corrects me if i am. But thats my best guess

Back