Need help from my fellow BioCubers

color_copies

Reefing newb
I have had my BioCube 14g for little over a week now and i have one concern. The water level in the pump section of the back tank drops about an inch or two ever 8 to 10 hours. See image below. I though that is could be leaking, but it wasn't. Then I thought that it evaporated, but really!? That much in 8 hours. I have been refilling it with plain RO water because salt doesn't evaporate, and it maintains the same SG at 1.024 after a few hours after the top off. So my question is; is it possible for that much water to evaporate in that little of time?

2012-10-10224501.jpg

Yeah man you will be surprised how fast it evaps !!!1 Even me in my 125gl i have to add atleast 1 gl and a half every night, its crazy. By the end of the week i have done about 10 to 15 gallons sometimes.

I had the 14 gallon biocube from Jan 2011-Aug 2011. Ignore the max line and fill that puppy up. Also, that tank runs hot so I only could run the lights for 6 hours a day and make sure the flap on the lid is open.

My 45 is losing a gallon a day...Not bad for me really. My old corner tank that had MH light was closer to 2 gallons a day.

Back