NEED HELP - What are these

SonicGT02

Reefing newb
Alright everyone, I have seen some things popping up in my tank that I have no idea what they are :pissedof:. The first looks like some type of cacoon and the other are little balls and or honeycombs that are popping up more and more! Please let me know if these are bad or good.

Attachments

• P1070312.JPG
    P1070312.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 211
  • P1070313.JPG
    P1070313.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 214
  • P1070314.JPG
    P1070314.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 208
they originially came on your rock when you bought it. the seed was deep in the rock where is stayed moist/wet and came back after the right conditions as in got put into your tank.

I've actually had that rock for over a year, but now that they are in the new tank, they look a lot better. THANKS for all the info!!

I know two people that have tanks being over run by this, cause unknown? keep us posted please, Thanks!

WOW, I sure don't want my tank over run with these things. It's not like their nice to look at or anything. Does anyone know a way to get rid of them?? I'd rather not tear down the rocks to do it.

ANYONE????

dont freak lol! they are filter feeders and mostly air and light haters, do you use a sump sock? i would think suspended solids in the water column maybe?

Back