Need Help with 10 Gallon Tank

Dubby Tee

Reefing newb
So yesterday I bought the Marineland 10 Gallon Tank with LED Lights and Biowheel Penguin 100 Filter. I mixed all my salt with water, and put it in the tank.

The filter is running, the heater is on, and I have a powerhead running.

I was wondering why there are so many air bubbles all over the tank. They are on every side of the tank, the heater, and the filter.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Do you have sand substrate? Sometimes the bubbles are released from the sand and it just takes time to work itself out. If you just set it up I would just leave it for now.

Normal...just new. Can you post up exactly what your lights are and what the filter has in it for media. Also anything else you got, test kit,hydrometer etc. What are your goals for the tank, fish only or reef? Lots of knowledgeable folks on here to get you in the right direction so dont be shy. No such thing as a stupid question. Welcome aboard! Most importantly...be patient!

Thanks for the info. Since I am so new to this, I was just curious and a little worried about the bubbles. I was doing research and did not seeing anything about bubbles.

I have no problems posting what I have so far.

Marineland Maxi-Jet 400 (Powerhead)
Penguin Power Filter 100
As for the lighting, its an LED hood and light bar with blue lunar LEDs
Marineland 50 watt heater
Floating Hydrometer with a theromemter (Probably need a better one)
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Saltwater Liquid Master Test Kit

Also, after a few days I plan on ordering "The Package" from Tampa Bay Saltwater, which will give me live rock and live sand. Plus a few other things.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Since I am so new to this, I was just curious and a little worried about the bubbles. I was doing research and did not seeing anything about bubbles.

I have no problems posting what I have so far.

Marineland Maxi-Jet 400 (Powerhead)
Penguin Power Filter 100
As for the lighting, its an LED hood and light bar with blue lunar LEDs
Marineland 50 watt heater
Floating Hydrometer with a theromemter (Probably need a better one)
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Saltwater Liquid Master Test Kit

Also, after a few days I plan on ordering "The Package" from Tampa Bay Saltwater, which will give me live rock and live sand. Plus a few other things.

Tampa bay SW is awesome you will love it!

Hi and welcome!
Sounds like you have microbubbles. Try doing a search on this site for them and see what you can adjust as they are bad for livestock. Your filter will have to be cleaned every few days to avoid a nitrate problem, most of us don't use them for that reason. In a small tank like you have most just use regular water changes instead of any filtration. I don't think the lights that come with that tank will let you keep corals so I'm assuming you are doing a fish only tank, what are your stocking plans?

The bubbles are starting to go away. I'm pretty sure they are coming from the output of the filter. Right now I'm planning on doing FOWLR.

Back