Need help with an ID

I compared the two on google images and im heavily leaning towards the curly cue...ill keep it for now...until and if it becomes a pain ill remove it...

I have never had a reaction to a anemone or a coral, that doesn't mean that you or anyone else won't. I also have no reaction to poison ivy :cool:

well steve is a freak just not sure good or bad yet:D:D:D:D i had an haddon's carpet and the sting never bothered my but i read if you are allergic to bee stings that a nem sting could bother you

Best not to tempt fate with anemone stings. They're like bee stings, today you're immune, the next time you're on your way to the ER in anaphylactic shock.

i have the marine invert pocket guide. according to that the curly gets to be about 8 in across and the tenticles get to be about 6 in long, is supposed to be a fairly good aquarium resident meaning its pretty and if its happy it doesn't move very much. wants to bury itself deep in a rock or gravel with only the tenticles exposed. wants moderatly strong current. comes from the caribbean , and doesnt host clowns, it eats any small fish it catches. c.aribbean nems normally hosts shrimp and crabs. the venom is not supposed to that bad if you touch it. if you want the clown-nem thing going on then thats not the guy to do it with. i have a sabae or leathery nem-clarki partnership that does really well for me. they are considered one of the harder ones to keep though. try a bubble tip or a long tenticle. clowns will host with them and they are not too agressive. the rose bubbletips are really beautiful if you can find one. and be warned the nicer the color the more they cost. if you want an almost guaranty host get clarkies clowns they want to host and will except most any nem that host clowns. they will try to bite you if you go near their nem though. they will protect it. any carribean anemone is going to eat your fish, you have to get a pacific one that normally host fish. do some research though. some clowns will only host certain anemones. if you dont get the right nem- clown mix then they wont host. p.s. you will probably have to kill the curlys to get them out of that rock.

Last edited:
Back