Need Help with my New Skimmer!!!

maybe that is where I went wrong. I tried it in the sand bed. My clam now is doing great in the sand bed with those SWEET T-5s

-Doc

yeah my t5s rock. I like them a lot and im not even taking advanatage of them. my 80 is just at a standstill doing nothing. once i get my octopus my t5s are getting jammed under the hood of my 180 for more light

dude. you have a ton of tanks. I wish I was you, altho I do not envy you having to move them. Ouch

-Doc

not tons... just 3. but i love having the 80 in the bedroom. its perfect size to just gaze at when i open my eyes in the morning. i love it

but still very overwhelming especially with all the evaporation going on in my house. feels like im constantly topping my tanks off

I am excited to get two tanks up and running. My my, my. How far we have strayed from the original post

-Doc

yes but at least its totally exciting talk, though im sure at any moment reeffreak will sneak in and call me and you gay or biff will come in here and yawn... oh well im having fun

Hehehe. I think this is the point where I'm supposed to come in and ask that you please stay on topic? Oh well, seems like a good time for it!

oh, OK. thanks mad'am moderator. I appreciate your forthcomming attention to this matter.

As I was saying. Skimmers may take a week or two to break in. Keep up with it and be patient. It will all work out

-Doc

WOW!! reeffreakthat Uaniva LR looks fantastic.Really colorful too.40lbs is just what im looking for.Now on salty critters it says its uncured.But when i was looking on your Tank building thread,you said you was able to purchase cured LR?If that the case then im ordering that.WOW looked great.SOOOO much better then my LFS.:D:D:D

hawks it would not be the same without you. you must me there. some call it rape..... we call it surprise sex for you.

oh and yeah skimmers can take a little while to break in :)

WOW!! reeffreakthat Uaniva LR looks fantastic.Really colorful too.40lbs is just what im looking for.Now on salty critters it says its uncured.But when i was looking on your Tank building thread,you said you was able to purchase cured LR?If that the case then im ordering that.WOW looked great.SOOOO much better then my LFS.:D:D:D

You can order cured or uncured from Saltycritter.If this is a new setup,I would go ahead and use uncured.I believe its was around $3.50 a pound verses $5-6 for cured.If you don't want to go through a long cycle and don't mind paying the extra few bucks a pound then go with the cured.Don't forget to put in account the shipping which should be around $40.The picture I posted was fully cured Uaniva after about a month/month and a half.I've been in this hobby a long time and have probably tried every type of live rock.That Uaniva was the best I've ever seen.Good luck if you go that route.

Back