Need Help with my New Skimmer!!!

Well I got my lights today.:D:DThey are much better then expected,really bright too.I cant believe i didnt get lights awhile ago.Prob. because all i had was LR and Triggerfish.Now do i leave the Daylight and Actinic on the same time or a certain cycle that i should do.I have three timers one for each light.

The Actinic looks really cool alone!!!!And im gonna wait till Wed. to get my coral.My LFS always has new stuff on Wed. Prob. get a deal on some coral.:Cheers:

I was thinking!!
Ricordea Mushroom/Blue-Difficulty-Easy.Lighting-Low to Moderate
Colony Polyp-Diff-Easy.Lighting-Moderate
Plate Coral/Long Tentacle-Diff-Modrate.Lighting-Moderate
Brain Coral,Trachyphyllia-Diff-Easy.Lighting-Moderate

Knowing me,ill walk in planing on getting one,and walk out with three.

The daylights and actinics are on at the same time. Since you have timers for each, you can simulate dusk and dawn by turning on the actinics an hour before the daylights and leaving them on an hour longer. For example, actinics on at 7 am, daylights on at 8 am, daylights off at 6 pm, actinics off at 7 pm. That would give you a 12 hour photoperiod.

As for your choice in corals, I would pass on the long-tentacled plate coral. They can be really hard to keep alive. The short tentacled plate corals are considered easier to keep, but I've never been able to keep one of those alive longer than a few weeks, for some reason.

All the rest are good choices. Be careful with getting ricordeas though, they are usually $10/each plus. There are much cheaper mushrooms out there, and you can get a whole rock full for the same price.

Back