Need help with new aquarium! Thanks!

midsummerznight

Reefing newb
Ok. So I just bought a 24 gallon NanoCube and just got the salinity to where it's perfect (1.023). Did this last night. Woke up this morning and it was pretty cloudy. Realized I didn't have the carbon in it (that was the only thing it was missing) and got some coral chips and live rock and plants and added all of that. It's clearing up a bit but the tank is still kinda cloudy. Since the NanoCubes are pretty much all-inclusive, I can't figure out where I could be going wrong. The pump is the one that came with it and so are the filters, etc. Thought the carbon and coral and rock would start clearing it up and of course it was cloudy as hell when i put them in there, but since the debris is settled, it's the same cloudiness it was this morning when I just had water, conditioner, and salt in it. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Sometimes it can take as long as a week. In addition, I would recommend raising the salinity to 1.025-1.026 as that is closer to natural seawater.

Last edited:
+1 Ted & DC

What did you use the conditioner for? Did you use tap water? If you don't have any livestock in there, which you shouldn't, don't worry about the cloudiness; if by week 2 nothing changes, then you can worry, but no worrying allowed on day 2...unless you used tap water with conditioner (not a worry, just a future nussiance)

Welcome aboard.
Those 2 nut cases got you covered:D

You'd dare leave a newbie with 2 nut cases?!?!?!

Wait a minute....:squint: that's a blatantly-not-so-hidden dig at me and Dcan, isn't it? No, dig, isn't the right word...astute observation? Ya, that's the word I was looking for :lol:

Hi and welcome! Cloudiness will usually take several days to clear up. So don't worry about it for now! It is usually just a combination of salt continuing to dissolve and sand particles suspended.

You'd dare leave a newbie with 2 nut cases?!?!?!

Wait a minute....:squint: that's a blatantly-not-so-hidden dig at me and Dcan, isn't it? No, dig, isn't the right word...astute observation? Ya, that's the word I was looking for :lol:

HAHAH
Well,you know how is Kid:D We've gotta make a move whenever we can:mrgreen:

Back