Need help with stocking

jef9891

Reefing newb
Well im new to salt water tanks, so bare with me. I have a 75g that is in the process of cycling. So i have been looking at fish to possibly have in the tank, as of right the plan is FOWLR tank. I'm not sure if i have to many fish or just enough or if they would all go together.
Pygmy Yellowtail Angelfish
Clown Goby, Citrinis
Orange Spotted Goby
Carberryi Anthias
Black & White Chromis
Blue Sapphire Damselfish
Bicolor Blenny
Flame Hawkfish
Hoeven's Wrasse
Kole Yellow Eye Tang

Pretty much 1 of everything. Thinking the hawkfish could be taken out and replaced by a clown. I'm not sure if the angel fish and tang would be OK but if i had to choose one i would go with the angel. Pretty much every fish is max size is 2 up to 4.5 expect the tang. So any help or ideas would be helpful. Thank you

Damsels are assholes, so I would avoid that. I think that list would be pushing it. Try 1 of the gobies, a small school of chromis (they do better in groups). I would also say that a 75 is on the small side for any tang, most need a 6 ft tank and the bigger ones need more space. And lastly, the anthias needs a LOT of food. 4x daily feedings is recommended, I believe. Hard to control phosphates and avoid overfeeding everything else.

That said, heres an idea:
3x Chromis
Clown Goby OR Cleaner Goby
Pygmy Angel
Hawkfish
Wrasse
Blenny

Gives you a start and something to consider, at least.

The hippos are way too big and aggressive, they do best in 180+ gallons. You could have the yellow tang, but like I said, it would be cramped as an adult.

If you took out the hawk, a pair of clowns would do nicely, but get the more docile varieties (i.e. avoid maroons).

The hippos are way too big and aggressive, they do best in 180+ gallons. You could have the yellow tang, but like I said, it would be cramped as an adult.

If you took out the hawk, a pair of clowns would do nicely, but get the more docile varieties (i.e. avoid maroons).

Back