need HELP

ltljoker

The Great Tang Herder
WHAT DO I DO IN MY ROCK TANK MY AMONIA IS STARTING TO CRREP UP AND I NEED TO KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING AND WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT. AND CAN A WOLF EEL:death: NIP AT A AFRICAN RED KNOB STAR FISH AND CAUSE HIM TO START DOING POORLY. I PLACE CLAMS UNDER HIM EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS TO FEED HIM BUT HE SEEMS TO BE GETTING ATTACKED AND I FIGURE ITS EITHER THE WOLF EEL OR POSSIBLY MY HUMA WHICH HASNT MESSED WITH ANYTHING AND MY CHOCOLATE CHIP STAR IS DOING GOOD BUT MY AFRICAN RED KNOB DOESNT LOOK SO GOOD. PLEASE HELP THESE ARE MAJOR ISSUES FOR ME RIGHT NOW:frustrat:

My tank is 3 years old and the rocks have been in there since set up amonia is usually fine just a small spike so not sure why

And recently i added a wolf eel and a yellow tang and a couple of star fish to the tank and i wonder if the spike is from what i think is the wolf eel attacking my star fish

Take a water sample to your LFS and have them check it.It could be that your kit is going bad.
If I'm not mistaken,Those stars are one of those that dont so well in a tank.It could be that its starving to death.

I think a big water change would do some good, Your eel attacking your starfish might be putting some toxins in the water! But i am 100% sure!

thanks for all the advise i will take it to my lfs and have them check it star fish passed on to that great fish aquarium in the sky so now get it tested and do a water change to get the amonia down thanks for all yalls help and advice on the matter. it is all greatly appreciated

The cycle is from the new additions, the added bio load has started a mini cycle, your bacteria will increase to address the additional bio load in about 10 days. Good luck, and keep an eye on the water quality, you will most likely need to increase the amount or frequency of your water changes with the new additions. The wolf eel is a great choice for eels, my favorite. i ALSO RETHINK YOUR FEEDING, YOU DO NOT WANT TO PUT FOOD INTO YOUR SYSTEM THAT IS NOT EATEN RIGHT AWAY, UNLESS YOU DO A WATER CHANGE AFTER THE FEEDING IS COMPLETE. HOPE SOMETHING HERE HELPS.

Back