Need Member opinions on this deal

Not to bad of a deal seeing you get 40 pounds of LR. Sounds like a deep tank so you would have to upgrade the lighting. Will have to wait for the pic to be sure.

I would most likely use this tank as a FOWLR and add a snowflake eel to the two fish he would be giving me. I am not too familiar with the fish he is giving for free or if they would live with the Harlequin Tusk he said he would sell cheap, but they seem like pretty fish.

I would have a DSB with this tank to make the height a little less enormous.

my main concern is keeping a snowflake eel in it so it doesn't require a lot of surface space. As for the other fish I know they become much larger and would require a bigger tank.

I'd like some more opinions before he puts up the pictures, Things go pretty fast once pictures are up and I think if I delay I may lose it.

you need to get the correct measurements the ones he gave you say the tank is almost 75gallons. i would probably do it just because of the live rock then if you dont like the tank you can always find a new one and keep the rock and sell just the tank.

+1 Daugherty. 150 bucks for 40lbs of live rock aint bad at all even if you got it and the tank was junk(which I doubt it is).

no go on this one. After seeing the pics and thinking about it for a while the tank dimensions aren't so great for me. The rock wasn't as much or as coralline covered as I was hoping for either.

no go on this one. After seeing the pics and thinking about it for a while the tank dimensions aren't so great for me. The rock wasn't as much or as coralline covered as I was hoping for either.

I looked at the pics. It didn't seem like 40 lbs of rock either. Anyone else have this thought?

haha yeah that is what I thought. I was really hoping for better but at $150 for a tank, stand, lights, wet/dry, and those fish are decent fish I was excited. Plus he said he had a Mag 5 pump and all I see is a Koralia in the tank.

$150 bucks is pretty cheap for any size saltwater set-up. It may look like crap but it does come with a sump and a few other things that might turn out to be usefull.

A little elbow grease and maybe a coat of paint on the stand and that could make a great species tank.

Back