Need quick opinions on a turboflotor skimmer

recliner

Reefing newb
I am selling 2 red sea canister filters (extra that were included when I bought a system for the livestock) online i found them for about $575 new. I've not had any interest and have been lowering the price. Today someone is coming to buy them for $180. He will either pay all cash or trade me a turboflotor protein skimmer rated for 125-250 gal tanks plus cash.

My questions are:
1. Is it a good skimmer? (I'm currently using a coralife skimmer rated up to 125 and my tank is 150)
2. The skimmer sells new for $300 on marineandreef.com. After trading would it be fair to get another $50-60 from him?

Hoping for quick replies like I always seem to get from you guys cause he will be here in 2.5 hours

trade plus 50 sounds good to me. To be honest a flat trade for something you will use compare to two somethings you wont aint bad in my book either.

True, but any extra $ I get will make my tank that much nicer! Just read reviews on marinedepot.com and they are all 4-5 star. Seems like a really good skimmer.

I'd try googling the skimmer and see what people are saying about it. Its not a brand I'm familiar with. I'd also make sure to find out why he's getting rid of it

He said he has 2. One he bought new and the one he's trading me was part of a system he bought and is parting out.

I think I'll go for it. Vast majority of reviews on several websites are good.

I've never personally run one of those skimmers. But I've got a friend that's running em on 2 different tanks and he swears by em. Other that,,I don't know.

Back