Need some help!!Lights getting hott.

budbreak96

P-Town
I have a 80 gallon aquarium with a canapoy on top, Inside the canapoy is two 48" 110watt vho's and a 48" coralife pc with 2 10,000k 65watt and 2 actinic 65watt bulbs. Well i have the back of the canapy cut out and i have two vents in the top @ 3 inch circles. Well i have to keep the canapoy door proped up because the lights get hot in there. What do i do? Any help is great. Thanks everyone.

Yep you need some fans either DIY computer fans or some Icecap 4" boxfans would work and look nice. If looks arent that important you can get the el cheapo clip on fans from any of the box stores.

I have my lights installed in a canopy. The lights have built in fans. If the water starts to warm up I turn on a small fan that I attached to the back side. Works great. With AC my water doesn't get above 80.

i dont know if anyone has ever tried this, but i used to be big on car stereo equipment and they have amp fan that are used to cool amplifiers and they put out alot of air and they are compact and would probably fit in a canopy nicely. just a suggestion.

I am worried about looks. I want it to look sleek and perform good. Now i have a computer store here and they have some fans but none come with a power supply. So what do i do about that? Also if i bought two 4in computer fans could i wire them both into one power supply? Im not sure yet what to do.

Try looking at Radio Shack.They might some something similar.Basically,you want one fan pulling in fresh air and one blowing the hot air out.

Back