need some lighting advice

i think the novas do come as a retrofit

If you have a link, please share.
I don't see any info about a retrofit on their website or through a google search.
I've only seen the extreme as a retrofit and to get 6 bulbs it would cost me more than the pro.
And i like how the Catalinas come as one kit, rather than having to wire together 3 separate pairs of lights.

Can you get the lunar lights with the Catalinas, too?

sorry d2 it was the extreme that comes as a retrofit
but the only differnce i see between the pro and the extreme is the actinics

why not get the extreme and wire actincs into it

personally this is why i opted to not go with a canopy and just buy the lighting as a unit

why not get the extreme and wire actincs into it

The extreme retrofits only come with two bulbs. I would have to buy 3 sets to get a 6 bulb configuration. Plus lunar lights. It would cost me much much more than just buying the 6-light unit from Catalina.

dustin
it wont be the first time i stand corrected
i didnt know the extremes didnt have individuals
so no actinics and no individuals
doesnt sound very extreme

Update on the catalina, there is definately a short in the one set of lights within the unit, we confirmed it with some testing. I have emailed Catalina regarding the matter, but haven't heard back yet. i'll let everyone know how is works out.

Well, It looks like they will. I got an email today from Jim, he apologized, and said he'd gladly give me a full refund. We just have to work out the details now, I may even buy another setup from him, I'm thinking 2 - 36" units if they come better sealed with a splashguard. Once again I'll keep you all posted.

Back