Need some quick feeback--HOB skimmer:

fishmom

Certified Hospice Nurse
I have the RO unit in place and really pleased with the darn thing--also makes great coffee and now have my family lined up in the kitchen for some "good water"....

I will be ordering a skimmer in the next day or two (Merry Christmas to ME!!)....wanted some feedback before I hit the 'order' button.....

Anyone have this one? Like it? Easy to set-up? Any huge issues?

aquacave.com/reef-octopus-bh-100-br-hang-on-back-protein-skimmer-495.html

Thanks again! :bowdown:
~debi~

star47.gif
(7)
Reef Octopus BH 100
Hang on Back Protein Skimmer
$119.95

Maybe this is an easier link....

Biff recommended this brand to me also (Thanks!) .....just checking to see if there were any issues ---- I am sooooooo clueless about this stuff.....But, getting smarter everyday!

I have the exact skimmer in my 29 and bought from the same company. It is an excellent skimmer and you will be very happy with it. Be patient with it as it does take a good 2 weeks to break in. Mine is pulling some nasty junk out! Also on the return for the water turn the elbow 90 in towards the back of the tank(or whatever wall you have it hanging on) there will be some big bubbles that like to come out of there at first, and turning in towards the back of the tank keeps the splashing down. Also the big blue sponge, for the microbubbles....i got rid of, and the black sponge that is already installed inside the skimmer you can leave in or take out. most say to take out as it can lead to nitrate build up.
Hope this helps

Hey Fishmom I am a really big fan of Algae scrubbers you can check them out in the DIY section here on LR. Its the sticky at the top of the page.

I have never had a skimmer on my 55.

That is a good skimmr. As has been mentioned, it may take a couple weeks to break in. During that time, it may not produce a foam, or it can spew microbubbles. But it will settle down over time.

Back